Friday, August 10, 2007

The Market

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, aka O.C.D.; my daughter accused me of having this affliction one day when we were at the market. I didn't know what O.C.D. was until that day... a lot of other people were enlightened as well; as she observes me re-arrange some items in the cart she blurts out, "MOM! YOU'VE GOT O.C.D.!" she said this with such intensity that I darn near jumped out of my skin; was it that she used such a big word for an eight year old and she knew it's definition? or was it the delight in knowing something I didn't.
I respond rather quickly,"I like my cart organized; it's a quirk." I was hoping she would drop the topic; no such luck. She replies,"But Mom; you do it
all the time; it's embarrassing". "Well golly gee whiz honey that's my job...so; are we there yet?" I said with a smirk.

No comments: