Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Cost For Freedom

On this path less beat, of the booth with a reserved seat
Anticipation of the coins drop, there in that shop
Time to reflect, details and calls of collect
No luck in finding, only that which is binding
At times I thought I had, only to find it Dressed in blue and red
With reflections of metal in the glass, I hear as it passed
Boot heels come smartly with a Whap!, aided by the metal strap
Along with the Snap! of a salute, must be fresh out of boot
Tribute fire in the background, yet another is homeward bound
To a booth wrapped in web, by the same Blue and Red
Within that tangled web of weave, presented to families
Empty words that seem sincere, that fell on deaf ears
Sorry for your loss, placement of the cross
To be by a shade tree, now the spirit is free

I found this to be true, standing here black and blue
It is something I must do, under this sky of the red, white and blue
Is it the powers that be, that set my spirit free
Or is it me, with the aide of the USMC

To the Mothers that raised us strong and true, this is composed for you


No comments: